You’ve Just GOT to Check Out Our Other Blogs!!
By Debra Bailey
Today’s “heads-up” is about the Museum blogs. We are pleased you are here with us at the main Museum blog, but we wanted to take a moment to point out the other Museum blogs that this one draws from.
If you are a “trip and travel sort, we have SEVERAL blogs for you. If you are a lab type, we have not only our iLabs entries, but we encourage you to check out what our research colleagues are up to.
To help you get started, here are blog links for:
- Research & Collections
- Museum trips by the Educators of Excellence and others, such as the Amazon Rainforest Institute, the Ecuador Institute, the Yellowstone Institute, the Tropical Ecology Institute, and many others
- The NOAA-associated Deepwater Canyons and Life on the Edge
There are so many amazing stories in all of these.
For example, the research blog has been busy this summer with entries from:
- Chris Tacker, on quasicrystals and 5-sided crystal faces
- Jason Cryan on planthoppers, and the mysterious “Alien” creature just identified
- Trish Weaver on squid hunting in…North Dakota? Manitoba? and ???Kansas ( guess you’ll have to read her entries to find out the why of squid hunting on land…and how successful they were!)
So please, check out the links and set your RSS feeds to “adventure” via the many blogs our Museum has to offer!